The minds and hearts of most people these days are filled with feelings and ideas about how we can find our way to a more just society. Yet trying to deal with the problems themselves is often quite difficult, unless we have a deeper source of wisdom to draw upon than those that are circulating in public discourse. This morning, Mike B. explored these thoughts along with a recorded interview with Zen teacher and activist angel Kyodo williams.
The interview is available here: https://onbeing.org/programs/angel-kyodo-williams-the-world-is-our-field-of-practice/
Other links shared during our very lively discussion include:
- Seven Day’s article on Tilly Krishna’s calendar: https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/essex-teen-creates-30-day-anti-racism-challenge/Content?oid=30566483
- White privilege article Margaret mentioned: https://psychology.umbc.edu/files/2016/10/White-Privilege_McIntosh-1989.pdf
- Link from Ginny on actions white people can take in this moment: https://www.jediheart.com/blog-posts/dear-white-people-6-guidelines-for-impactful-actions-in-support-of-the-black-community
- The “fingers of white privilege” video that Margaret shared: https://www.tiktok.com/@allisonholkerboss/video/6833184953233149190?lang=en
- A little reflection by Chas Dicapua that Margaret referred to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8A3Ts83Yaw&pbjreload=101